Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update

So, what's new with us? Well, a few things. I'm happy to announce I finally got a social work job.... it's either feast or famine... I actually got two new jobs... and kept my job at the Olive Garden. The first one is at Farmington Bay Youth Center, It's a state owned Juvenile Detention Center. So far all I have done is a lot of training, most of it in self-defense. For our final test, we had to pin down this 250+ lb Polynesian guy.... It was pretty crazy and I got an elbow to the face, but I'm happy to announce I passed! Yeah! When I got home, I told Jared and he thought he would try out his moves on me. He got ahold of my arm and thought I wouldn't be able to get loose...and I couldn't.. so I hit him in the nose... He let go of me so fast and there were tears in his eyes.... He wasn't very happy with me..

And, for the big news, I got a social work position at McKay Dee Hospital. Yay! I'm way excited. This is the job I wanted most of all. I am gonig to work there as much as possible and then just work on-call at Farmington Bay and one night a week at the Olive Garden.

Me and Jared have been having lots of fun lately, I posted pictures below of our recent trip to St. George. I think that's everything for now. Later...

5 comments:

  1. Cami you are so funny. I can totally imagine you hitting Jared right in the nose and then wondering why he isn't happy with you. You make me laugh. Congrats on the new Jobs!!! That is so exciting. You are going to do great. Your trip to St. George looked like a lot of fun. I am just a little jealous. Can't wait to see you guys. Hope everything falls into place. Miss you, bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cami, you just crack me up!! i think i've said that a couple of times, but you do!!! i can't imagine taking out a huge poly, that would scare the pee out of me! way to go! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing to Jake, except his nose got really big and totally black and blue. He was pretty mad at me too.

    P.S. I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you got on at Mckay!! Way to go! Love the pictures of your little get away. Glad you two got to get away!
    Tell Jared to quite being a wuss, a little punch to the nose, come on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried putting a comment on your "Monty" entry but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Anyway, that's so fitting you named your dog Monty. I remember when you would say, "Eeeeexcellent," Monty Burns style, the way other people would say "Cool!" and I thought it was so funny. I have a Monty Burns themed blog coming up soon too!

    ReplyDelete